Consultations with our specialist sexual abuse staff are available to anyone upon request by contacting START on
(03) 355 4414. A consultation can be provided by telephone or in person by appointment at START’s premises.
- START offers consultations to members of both the general and professional communities.
- A consultation is helpful to people who have queries, concerns, or are dealing with issues of sexual abuse. START is able to offer support, clarification, information, expert advice and advocacy.
- START offers consultations to adult counselling clients and the parents/caregivers of younger counselling clients on our wait-list, as a supportive measure during the wait for counselling to commence.
- START additionally offers consultations to other professionals regarding matters of sexual abuse.
START provides low cost educational workshops, seminars and courses regarding matters related to sexual abuse.
- These workshops are available to members of the general and professional communities upon request and by negotiation with START.
- Workshops are individually tailored to each group’s needs.
- Commonly requested workshops include:
- Child/ Youth Sexual Abuse
- Adult Sexual Abuse
These workshops are suitable for parenting groups, social service agencies, other professionals, students and school communities (Costs are by negotiation).